Welcome to Blisworth Parish Council’s Website
Blisworth Parish Council has a number of vacancies and would very much like to hear from any parishioner who would like to be co-opted. If you would like to know more about being a councillor and the process of being co-opted please approach a councillor or the Clerk at:
The next Parish Council meeting will take place on 7th December 2020. It may not take place in the Village Hall in the usual way due to the Coronavirus pandemic. If you would like to join the meeting please look at instructions on the agenda. Please note members of the public can only speak in the open forum part of the meeting.
Grass cutting – If you have any issues about grass cutting in the village please could you contact the Clerk of the Parish Council and not the contractors
Blisworth Parish Council:
Use of Blisworth Eastfield Play Area (Government Guidelines for COVID-19 reopening)
Allowing children to use unsupervised equipment is done at Parents, Guardians or Carers own risk.
Parents, guardians and carers are responsible for supervising their children including:
- Observe social distancing
- Parents should not allow their children to enter the play area unaccompanied, or when it is occupied such that social distancing cannot be observed
- Parents should bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean their children’s hands
- Users, parents, guardians and carers are encouraged to clean equipment, particularly where there are clear touch points such as swing rockers, see saws, or equipment handles
- Hand hygiene to include washing/sanitising hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and water or approved gel and foam sanitiser, particularly at the beginning and end of play
- Users (or parents, guardians or carers of users) are advised not to touch their faces, and to cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available
- Adults and children are reminded not to put their mouths on equipment or their hands in their mouths
- Consumption of food or drink on play equipment or in the playground area is banned
- Any contamination concerns should be reported to Blisworth Parish Council Parish Clerk, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blisworth is a thriving, picturesque village in South Northamptonshire situated 5 miles south of the county town. It has some 900 homes and an estimated population of 1870 (2010 village survey).
The West Coast Railway runs close to Blisworth and the Grand Union Canal passes through the village which extends from the famous Blisworth Tunnel, to the outlying residential areas of Blisworth Arm and Blisworth Park.
Village amenities include a primary school, a village shop with news agency and post office and two local pubs. Many small businesses surround the area, largely in discreet attractive business parks.