Welcome to Blisworth Parish Council’s Website
Vacancy for Parish Clerk
Blisworth Parish Council has a vacancy for a parish clerk and responsible finance officer. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons, although training will be offered and enthusiasm to learn will be seen as an alternative to formal qualifications. The parish clerk will be responsible for the management and administration of the business and finances of the council. The role is part time for 50 hours per month.
The post includes some evening work and occasional attendance at civic functions (when permitted). The successful applicant would be expected to have, or be prepared to obtain, CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration). He or she must be computer literate, with good communication skills. Friendly and positive outlooks are essential.
Applications are to be submitted to the Chairman, Blisworth Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents with any questions, concerns or issues about grass cutting in the village please could you contact the Clerk of the Parish Council and not the contractors that way we can make sure issues are logged and tracked.
Blisworth Parish Council:
Use of Blisworth Eastfield Play Area (Government Guidelines for COVID-19 reopening)
Allowing children to use unsupervised equipment is done at Parents, Guardians or Carers own risk.
Parents, guardians and carers are responsible for supervising their children including:
- Observe social distancing
- Parents should not allow their children to enter the play area unaccompanied, or when it is occupied such that social distancing cannot be observed
- Parents should bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean their children’s hands
- Users, parents, guardians and carers are encouraged to clean equipment, particularly where there are clear touchpoints such as swing rockers, see-saws, or equipment handles
- Hand hygiene to include washing/sanitising hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and water or approved gel and foam sanitiser, particularly at the beginning and end of play
- Users (or parents, guardians or carers of users) are advised not to touch their faces, and to cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available
- Adults and children are reminded not to put their mouths on equipment or their hands in their mouths
- Consumption of food or drink on play equipment or in the playground area is banned
- Any contamination concerns should be reported to Blisworth Parish Council Parish Clerk, email address: email@example.com
Blisworth is a thriving, picturesque village in South Northamptonshire situated 5 miles south of the county town. It has some 900 homes and an estimated population of 1870 (2010 village survey).
The West Coast Railway runs close to Blisworth and the Grand Union Canal passes through the village which extends from the famous Blisworth Tunnel, to the outlying residential areas of Blisworth Arm and Blisworth Park.
Village amenities include a primary school, a village shop with news agency and post office and two local pubs. Many small businesses surround the area, largely in discreet attractive business parks.